Kahal B'raira's Humanistic Jewish Sunday School provides education for children ages 3-14.
Our Sunday School provides…
- A place for children to learn Jewish history, traditions, literature, ethics, and music
- A space for our students to celebrate secular Jewish culture
- An engaging, stimulating, fun, and welcoming experience for students of diverse backgrounds
- A curriculum that emphasizes collaboration and critical thinking
The Sunday School meets 15 times between September and June on Sunday mornings from 9:10 am – noon. Sunday School is at the same time as the whole congregation so that both parents and children can learn and participate.
Sunday school graduates may continue their involvement with the school as classroom and programmatic aides. They provide valuable assistance in a variety of roles while they continue learning about Humanistic Judaism. Many aides also partiipate in the Youth Group.
The Sunday school welcomes students with a variety of learning styles and needs. A grant from Gateways supports staff training and student education to promote access for all children and provides an ASL interpreter.
Many students also participate in our Bar-Bat Mitzvah program.
We encourage parental involvement with the school and tailor each student’s educational experience to their needs and abilities.
Sunday School tuition for 2014-15 for each child enrolled is as follows:
- Preschool and Kindergarten $475
- Grades 1-7 $735
There is a $15 discount for each additional child.
Families must be members of Kahal B'raira for their children to participate in the Sunday School. Visitors are welcome to visit the school.